life through the eyes of a runner. (Ideas on this blog are solely mine and cannot be used without my written permission. Unlawful use of images/ideas will be prosecuted)
Friday, December 29, 2017
Grateful for the little aches and pains
We were driving to my sister-in-law's house to stay there for a few days for the holidays and I kept being distracted by the tightness on my back as I drove. The day before I had done weights again for the first time in weeks and my body was complaining. We were staying at my mom's and hubby and I had gone to use the gym near her house. But I don't ever mind my body's tightness after a run, or aches after a hard workout. It says that my body is working and that pain and discomfort are a sign that my body working hard to repair and strengthen those muscles I overworked the day before. More poignant, the pain and discomfort also means I am alive, that I did something, that I got out. That is exactly why I names my Instagram account "Igettorun" because that is how I feel about it. The enormous gratefulness I feel by the fact that I GET TO move my legs, I get to move through the world, prancing around, like some young buck is a most wonderful, amazing gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment