Monday, December 18, 2017

Feeling blessed

             I am feeling very blessed this holiday.  With all the horrible things happening in the world lately, not for one minute do I take for granted all the great gifts I have around me. I have a sweet and caring husband, I have two loving, creative, bright and healthy children. My family is the best. My mom is the sweetest mom and grandma to me and my kids. I enjoy the company of close confidants and keep close relationships with both my siblings and a handful of simply amazing women whom I highly respect and dearly love. 

         As the year comes to an end I am reflecting on what to focus on in the new year. I think I am going to focus on these few things and if I were to attach a 'theme' to these goals I'd say the theme might be called"YES TO ME"

* Trust your instincts, always, first and foremost.
* Say yes to kids' requests for any type of quality time..yes, yes!!
* When angry, pull away, reflect and THEN act......or not.
* Remember to say, "Thank You"....It's such a small thing, but it shows you are paying attention. 
* No matter how much it feels like it sucks initially, early rising is always a HUGE gift 10 minutes later. 
* People's behavioral ugliness does not belong to me, do not carry it.
* Friends are people who want to know about you, are genuinely happy for your successes, comfort you in tough times and generally want to be in your life. Anything less is an acquaintance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment