life through the eyes of a runner. (Ideas on this blog are solely mine and cannot be used without my written permission. Unlawful use of images/ideas will be prosecuted)
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
A glimpse into a busy working mom's winter workouts
I was just too tired this morning to go to the gym. After all these years of running I know very well the difference between tired and simply lazy. This was not lazy, I was honest to goodness tired. My throat was tight and dry and I have not had much sleep the day before and every part of me was still asleep when the alarm went off at 4am, so I allowed myself to not go and sleep for another 2 hours. Now it's 7pm on that same day and everyone in my home has been fed and are now off working on their own projects. I came home straight from work and experimented on making a Mexican vegan quinoa recipe I found online. Dinner is over and sweet hubby is now reading, Luke is doing homework, Nora is sneaking a quick video game an I am warm and cozy in bed typing, beside me is my parrot on a stand enjoying the electric heater I plugged in for extra heat. But at 9pm, when the kids are getting ready for bed I will inhale some hot coffee, warm-up my car and head to the local 24-hour gym with my earphones and a fully charged iPad and maybe run for 1 hour as I binge watch new episodes of Black Mirror on Netflix and do weights for another hour and for a special treat to yours truly I plan to cap off the night with a free 10-minute water massage the gym offers. I could sit here and feel bad that I am not out there facing the elements but these days it's more important just to get the workout done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment