This morning I got up not quite sure whether or not I could really do this. Last week after my long run of 6 miles (2nd week marathon training) I was basically unable to walk the next day. I started to worry that the injury that has plagued me for almost 3 months now would stop me at my tracks. But miraculously, and thanks to ibuprofen, compression and warm compresses the next day it was gone. But I was determined to take it slow the first 6 miles and then sprint the last, which is exactly what I did. During the firs 6 miles I watched a part of Mission Impossible and for the last mile I listened to my super monster playlist with all the tunes that make me move. I call this my no injury ratio.
Here I am when I left the gym. Just so happy.
Here I am STILL glowing after I got to my mom's. My foot felt fine, I was mobile, felt strong and overall extremely proud. But I was also famished. I am obsessed with concord grapes. So OBSESSED that I could easily eat 3 lbs. of them in one sitting, IF I wanted to. But this bowl is all that was left of the 10 lbs. I bought in Virginia before we came to NY.
When I got home I saw I had gotten a package. It was my birthday present to me....of course a running gift!! Three amazing new and beautiful Sweaty Bands! Not only that but my hubby's birthday present to me was a year's subscription of UltraRunner, the magazine. If I could get running gifts (and garden gifts) for the rest of my life I will gladly take it.





No comments:
Post a Comment