I was way too tired to get out of bed and run yesterday and the day before so I ended up running in my BORING apartment building's gym at 9pm after putting my daughter down for the night. I have two kids and my hubby puts down our son (8) and I put down my daughter. We did not plan it that way, but these habits just form and then it becomes a solid routine, so that is our life.
The gym is absolute torture on so many counts but I was not in the mood to run in 20 degrees and high wind so gym it was. In the gym, which is about 14 feet by 14 feet with about 7 machines crammed in like sardines was my punishment for not getting my butt off in the morning. There was a young man in there singing out loud and on my favorite treadmill. Just when I was entertaining the idea of what I would say to him to make him be quiet he left to go to the weight section of the gym (an even smaller room) where he proceeded to make even louder noise as he let the weights fall after each pump.
But there IS hope. This morning as I was getting breakfast ready for my kids, I noticed the sun was up just a tad bit earlier and it brought a huge smile to my face. I can smell spring!! Soon, I will be jumping out of bed in the mornings ready to experience the fresh air only mornings can offer and as I have said many times, DC has the best springtime of any other 'big' city. Nevertheless, I was so proud of myself for completing my workout regardless of the conditions. I feel like this is the last time I can run in the gym without doing some kind of injury on my foot. The treadmill makes me change my form a bit, but enough to affect my entire form and weird aches and pains have been creeping in....I have noticed that running outdoors allows me to keep better form and avoid injuries (knock on wood).
Where do you run?
No comments:
Post a Comment