Oh, I cannot wait for spring to get here!!! DC must have THE BEST springtime on the planet and my energy level gets noticeable higher the minute the days start getting longer and the trees start blooming, nothing like spring in DC. This morning I was suppose to run a bit before work (4 miles) but for the life of me I could not get out of bed. No amount of coaxing could get me up. Now, its not like I did not get good sleep. I went to sleep at 9pm last night...so a 5am wakeup was giving me a good 8 hours of sleep. Technically, I should have been fine. I decided instead of beating myself up over it to listen to my body instead and go back to bed for another hour and skip the run. Even after that extra hour, I still felt tired.
I am taking the day off work tomorrow to help out in my daughter's class for their class auction project, so the change of pace will be a nice switch for me and maybe give me the rest I need. I think I will try exploring Rock Creek at lunch and making up for the lost miles. I love running very much, but there is something about the cold weather that has gotten to me. All this reading about the constant summer in California has gotten me thinking about possibly relocating there at some point in the future. Just an idea for now, but I do feel a certain lure to being on the Pacific coast.

No comments:
Post a Comment