Monday, February 18, 2013

Days off.....missing the run

                      Days off feel nice and restful until about 11am, and then I start feeling like I should be out there on the road, sweating. Not out of guilt, I stopped being a Catholic years ago, but out of craving the feeling I get when running. I do like the free time I get though. I am having breakfast this morning with a wonderful woman I use to work with 4 years ago and I am so excited to hear how she's been doing. When I last saw her I was a size 18, desperately depressed on the inside because of my weight and simply unable to figure out how to go about shedding the extra pounds. I am so glad my hubby runs too so at least I have someone to chat unendingly to about running. Most of my friends are not into running and I often find myself holding back my excitement about running around them in order to not come across like a crazy lady. More and more I am considering joining a running club JUST so I could meet other running-crazy peeps like me....who when not running, would like to be chattin' about it. What do you do on YOUR 'days off' of running? 

No comments:

Post a Comment