Saturday, October 27, 2018

No one is coming to save you....

               No one is coming to save you. So many problems could be shortened with understanding the meaning behind these few words... The faster you get to understanding this the faster we can do the work we were born on this earth to do. 

No, one, is, coming, to, save, you....

            There is no knight, no set of words, no guru, no friends, no set of words or book, religion, or movie that will fix it all and give you a forever after. In the midst of my worse moments of the not so distant past I have come to this very realization many times. This is it. I am the ONLY one who can get me out of this, only me. You can have friends and family help alleviate some of the journey, but ultimately you have to move your own feet to move forward and grow. You have to define the world through your terms act, move, jump to live it. 

              I have been reflecting a lot lately on this...the idea behind "no one is coming." Once I started running I discovered how little I needed others to help me feel good, or proud of me or just to fell right. The idea that something external to me needed to happen or come in order for me to reach some pinnacle started falling away. No doubt about it thought, the idea itself feels cold, impersonal and seemingly unforgiving, yet, in it's very harshness it holds the key to freedom. The idea that no one is coming forces us to immediately come to terms with our full responsibility over our lives. No one is coming translates to "me.... showing up fully". No one is coming means that I step up all the way or it does not count. Again, it's scary but also liberating. 

             



               
               

No comments:

Post a Comment