Tuesday, October 30, 2018

"Definite yesses and definite no-s"

                   We all know what we want, yet, at some point we just forget to check in with ourselves and lose track of that little voice that decided for us, the inner voice that says, a loud yes....or a no.

                   At some points in my life my visceral yes and no have been sharp, at others, not so much. When I met my husband and I talked to him for that 2 hours I knew that night he was a definite yes. Something about his energy rang true, honest and definitive. In 4th grade when a sweet, well-meaning boy strongly professed his love to me, it was a definite no. I did not know what then, all I knew is that it made me scared to feel the force of his request, lingering over me. Yet, other times the yes or the no have been tough to choose between. we all have had these, the giver is well meaning, but us, the receiver, does not need or want what's being offered.

                   I have learned that we will encounter people in our lives who give us with all their heart and send love fully our way yet it still might not be what we truly need. In fact, the intensity of the giver can often scare away the recepeiant for with being the receiver of such intense gifts one can only assume the intensity must be reciprocated. I can liken it to romance; someone might offer you flowers, chocolates and constant positive and loving accolades but if that is not what you want/need then it can actually have the opposite affect, it can make you quite miserable. The line between what's good for is and bad for us is not always a clear, identifiable fine line. I have had friends offer me the world and back, when in fact all I ever needed from a loved one was an honest, caring heart, wine and time. Also, I have had boyfriends who want to wine and dine all the time, yet, when that is not one's "cup of tea" it can make feel quite stressed, even lonely.

                      You might be wondering how does all this relate to running. Well, running takes time and time is a very prized commodity. in the world of anyone who wants to maximize their living potential. With time, I can make a call to a loved one and make his day, with time, I can focus on what's important, like reading to my kids, having dinner with my husband, or share a movie with family. Time and what we do with it is how we live our priorities....in essence, what we do with it is our life. Seeing as with running, I am left with limited time, I naturally embrace all things that are definite yesses.
   
                       

                   
                 



No comments:

Post a Comment