Saturday, January 16, 2016

Build Your Best Body- day 6

Did five non-stop running miles in the pouring rain last night with my dog, Brad...got back home at 11:30pm completely drenched and feeling amazing. This one run was so painless, it got me thinking. Perhaps all the fruit and veggie juices from the past week have been helping my joints, or maybe the 4.5 lbs I have lost from my "primarily plant-based" eating has helped me feel less tired, OR......maybe, just maybe it's Zumba. I've always been dead set against cross-training, yet, I have the sneaky suspicion that doing Zumba once a week has helped my other less-used muscles give me more overall stability and strength. 

Today I took Nora to the Alexandria Animal shelter, about 15 minutes from my house. No, we are not looking for any new pets right now. We already have four pets, a parrot, 2 cats and a dog. But Nora loves to pet animals and so we go often, as often as we can I should say. Here is one of the fur babies we met. His name is Diego and he is a chihuahua/pom mix and he was just the sweetest. Loving animals is one reason I am doing this 'primarily-plant-based eating plan, so I only thought it appropriate to share one of the animals.




Tonight's juice has a handful of kale, another handful of dandelion, 10-13 carrots, 1 ginger chunk , 1 small beet, 2 apples, 1 lemon and 1 small bok choi bundle.


Here is little momma, again, helping me make my juice.



I bought myself new sneakers! Here is a very crappy quality picture of what they look like. 44mm toe to hell drop (like the one I run in) and just amazing.....Can't wait to run in it tomorrow.

The day has been dark, broody and blah....great weather for reading in bed!! yes!!






No comments:

Post a Comment