Monday, March 3, 2014

14-miler to Arlington, Virginia



                Off to my journey. I woke up at 6:00am am and left the house at 6:40am. Instead of my usual long route which goes up north to Maryland and back down to downtown DC via Massachusetts avenue (6-8 miles southward), I decided to just head Downtown and fulfill all my milage there.  I ran down Connecticut Avenue and go onto Rock Creek from Calvert. This is the same hill I could hardly run up during last year's Rock and Roll Half. This time, on the way back I steadily ran up this hill without a problem. 

               I just checked and learned that Massachusetts Avenue in DC is 13.1 miles long! how cool is this....half a marathon....so, to run a whole marathon all one has to do is run an out and back from Massachusetts Avenue and Goldsboro in Bethesda all the way to Massachusetts Avenue and 19th street, S.E. 






The Arlington Memorial Bridge had this small columns that have these stains radiating from them. Looked like an eclipse. 




        Iwo Jima Memorial. 
"In honor and in memory of the men of the United States Marine Corps who have given their lives to their country since November 10, 1775."


                    Panoramic view of Arlington Cemetery 



                   14-miles! I am working on getting faster, but this is my time without stopping at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment