I've been debating back and forth about whether to do the marathon I have planned in February. There is apart of me that thinks that doing so would signify that I am giving up, but the logical side of me is telling me that I have other priorities that are more meaningful and those are (1) I do not want to get injured. I have not had a chance to train as well as I should have and (2) I have a more important (personally meaningful) marathon in June I want to be ready for and (3) If I get injured I won't be able to run for some time and THAT would be just a really bad place to be for me. Running helps me stay balanced, not only physically, but emotionally, so stopping would be even worse than not doing the race.
I've been following a high fat, low carb way of eating and I'm only on day 4, so I will report back soon how that's going. So far it's been very good. One immediate change I notice is the lack of cravings. I did not have a lot of that anyway, but I do have a sense of satisfaction all day and am not searching for mid-meal "snacking" at all.
Been hitting a rut with motivation lately. Took 3 days off because the bottom of my right foot was stiff and sore. It's less now and no matter what I am able to run with it, but the dull, persistent ache is there for most of the day. Also, I cannot seem to get out of bed at all anymore. I talk myself back to sleep and convince my sleepy mind at the moment that I will make the run up later, which of course, happens maybe only half the time. On that note...it's 3am and I am going back to sleep....need ot be up at 4:40am to run at 5. Nite!
Hi! Low energy may have to do with the change in diet, the need to switch from converting carbs for energy to converting fats/protein. Give it a week to 10 days. It can also be a response to crappy weather/low sun UV B exposure. Make sure you're getting enough Vit D.
ReplyDeleteLastly, listen to your gut. If you don't think you'll be ready for the Feb marathon and youre worried that pushing yourself to be ready might sabotage your mid-term plans--don't do it.
Hugs.