Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ran 12 miles for Mya this morning!!


                Via Facebook I got connected with a child with disability and dedicate my miles to her. Her name is Mya. (I will ask the family if I can share pics of her here and post them if they agree.) In the meantime, check out the I Run For organization online at http://www.whoirun4.com, or go directly to their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/irunformichael/ .  

                  I ran my usual route when I do 12 miles....down Connecticut and into Downtown DC. I love this run. It goes right past Dupont Circle, the Starbucks there brings back so many memories! Then I run down 17th street into Constitution and you can see the monument and tons of other runners. I wore a t-shirt and 7" compression shorts despite the weather being 47 degrees and I am SO glad I did not wear my jacket. It was a perfect run. For a long run I was much faster than even my shorter runs. Even ended with a kick at the end with a negative split! Feeling amazing. 
Windy, windy morning....


Cloudy skies, lots and lots of wind. 

The Monument (in repair mode). 


View of the bridge that heads over to Adams Morgan from another bridge that connects North Dupont to Woodley Park. 

2 miles to go!! Yes....this is where my kick started and the sun also peaked its way through the clouds. 

I am done!! yes! feeling on top of the world and ready to make this MY day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment