I turn 40 today....
I got up at 5am before the sun came out and went for an 8-mile run on the Jones Beach Bike Path and watched the sun rise. Times like these make me miss loved ones that have passed in such a deep and desperate way....so many have moved on in these 40 years and are no longer part of my journey....Running has a way of getting those emotions out there in the open, raw, bright, pulsing. I had myself a nice little cry of joy and sadness thinking of these lost loved ones as I pumped my legs against the pavement ....Times like these I think of running as being much more than mere exercise. It's a meditation a form of prayer and that is what I did today, I prayed to Kyle, Monique, James, Duncan and thanked them from the bottom of my heart for changing my life, for saving me, for showering me with love....thank you, thank you, thank you....I will live this life to the fullest in your honor and send all the joy I experience your way.

No comments:
Post a Comment