Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Online resources for 50K race training schedule

                            I have been considering doing this 50K that is taking place in Virginia in August. Below are the list of resources I have been looking at to see if this is even possible. I am still on the fence about it and will be deciding in the next few weeks. Right now I am just trying to focus on the half-marathon run I have coming up this Sunday and trying to stay calm. Bring a mom, there are a lot more factors that go into the planning of any race, such as who will have the car, how will my son get to his baseball game without the car? who will watch my youngest? getting the kids ready for me not to be there that morning, etc. I am very excited about the race, yet, until I pass the first mile I will not be totally relaxed. Once the run begins I will be fine and will be able to relax into a rhythm....

                            Below are the links I have been looking at....will come back later and give an update on which ones were most helpful. So far, I am just getting informed about the framework of a training for a 50K and how it might differ from a marathon, there are some very significant differences which I will share later. If you have done a 50K, I would love your feedback on which sites helped you most. Thanks!!! Have a great week. 


1. * http://www.trailrunevents.com/ul/schedule-50k.asp (I prefer this one), contact ultraladies@yahoo.com for more info.
2. * http://running.competitor.com/files/2012/11/46_nat_r1.pdf
3. http://running.competitor.com/2012/11/training/going-longer-how-to-train-for-your-first-50k_61887
4. http://www.nttr.org/html/training_guidelines.htm
5. http://www.scrunners.org/ultrasch.php
6. http://www.marathon-training-program.com/ultra-marathon-training.html
7. http://www.ultrunr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment