life through the eyes of a runner. (Ideas on this blog are solely mine and cannot be used without my written permission. Unlawful use of images/ideas will be prosecuted)
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Are YOU a runner? Tell me all about it....!!!
I am very curious about other runners. In all settings I am always super aware of spotting other runners. Usually, and lucky for me, they are pretty easy to spot. Either they are wearing something that tells me they too run, such as a race shirt or a running watch and instantly I have all these questions that I am dying to ask them. How often do you run?, do you run races?, do you cross train? what running books have you read?. I try to contain my excitement, yet, it's somewhat amusing just how excited I get every time I meet another runner, the kinship I feel to the community in general is very strong. Lucky for me, most runners are also JUST as eager to talk on and on and on about running, so it's not like I come across like a crazy lady to them.....Meeting other runners and talking to them about running saves non-runners from being subjected endless chatter on my end about my running obsessions. I heard somewhere it's a bit rude to just come out and fill every conversation with a non-runner with your running narratives, but in conversations other runners this rule is null and void. It's not like it's fun to talk to non-runners about running anyway. Most running conversations with non-runners will undoubtedly lead to some warning on their part about how unsafe running is for your legs, or about how you get shin-splints and how it ruins your knees. Therefore, I try my best to avoid any run talk with non-runners as much as possible, unless they ask, in which case, I am more than willing to chat away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment