life through the eyes of a runner. (Ideas on this blog are solely mine and cannot be used without my written permission. Unlawful use of images/ideas will be prosecuted)
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
I am in love with trail running!!
This past Sunday I ran 10 miles, most of it on trails and I come out of this experience a changed woman. I can't imagine a better running scenario than this one. It was 65 degrees, misty rain coming down. The best part of the experience though was the fact that I did not experience any pain or discomfort right after. The rest of the day was like I have not run 10 miles at all. Not to mention that I was not excited about going that morning. My bones felt heavy when I woke up, I had watched a movie late the evening before, so I was operating on little sleep and not in the best of moods. Nonetheless, it was an awesome run!! The experience also made me feel sure I could finish my trail-based race in 2 weeks well within the 4-hour cut-off. If anything, I will not be a PR at this half-marathon, my pace is at least 2 minutes slower in the trails, but the workout overall felt much more comprehensive. Every part of my body was sweating while trekking up and bounding down like a child down these steep hills but I had a smile on my face the entire run. I can say with no doubt that this was the most fun I've had so far on a run. Can't wait for next weekend to go back and discover more of Rock Creek Park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment