Thursday, May 17, 2018

The GREAT Outdoors 

          4:30am, I wake up minutes before the alarm goes off. That is what happens when you know you've had a good night's sleep. Funny how the coziness of a warm bed can make one do ridiculous mental gymnastics just to squeeze out a reason to stay in bed. But I soon hit a wall, Luke has a game tonight, so I could talk myself into working out later instead. This was it, the only time I could work out today so I must get up, like it or not. I stand up, use the bathroom, boil some water for coffee. 5 minutes into it and I am fully up and awake, no turning back now. My two kids and my hubby are still in bed, deep in sleep. I open the front door to feel the weather and decide if I can run outdoors. It's warm, misty and a bit rainy. For a split second I thought, yes, treadmill at the gym it is! but then I remembered just how amazing running in the rain feels and how much more private it feels to run in the dark, and more importantly, how crappy it feels to run in a treadmill. I changed in my dining room, grabbed my house keys, a canister of pepper spray, my handheld waterbottle, took several sips of my warm coffee, and out the house I went. It took a total of 1 minute to adjust to being outdoors and I was on my way....No gym has ever felt this good, ever...... I am so thankful for spring for it's this weather that calls me outdoors....not sure what I will do once weather gets cold again, but I will tackle that in its own time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment