Yesterday I called MainStay Suites in Alcoa, Tennessee and reserved 3 days for my 50-miler race in March of 2018. This was just one step closer to getting this dream to come true. Next, reserve a plane ticket, but I am waiting for the price to be right.
There is a lot one has to do physically to get ready for any race, yet, getting ones mind to go along these crazy distances also takes a lot of work, it's half the battle. To prepare for this I have been doing a lot of visualizing, trying to picture myself at that finish line and getting ready for the high level of discomfort and maybe even pain that I would have to go through. I have been reading about running long distances and also watching Youtube videos after Youtube videos created by people who have successfully completed the distance and have some valuable advice to give. Each one of these activities prepares me mentally and the more work I do on this end, the more I feel I am getting emotionally ready to tackle the distance. Whether or not I complete the distance will remain a mystery until that day, but I am surely going to do my best now to get all my ducks in order. No rock will be left unturned, giving this my all.
No comments:
Post a Comment