life through the eyes of a runner. (Ideas on this blog are solely mine and cannot be used without my written permission. Unlawful use of images/ideas will be prosecuted)
Thursday, April 4, 2013
I don't have to run....I GET TO RUN.....
I love running, I love how it makes me feel about my body. For once, I can look at my legs, my thighs, my hips in the mirror and feel unbelievably grateful for them for being a part of me and not have an automatic thought of disdain, which is what I have pretty much done my whole life. After those two-hour plus weekend long runs I am in awe of what my body can do with a little determination. As someone that has struggled with negative body images all my life, it huge, it's liberating, empowering, and hope filled to be able to conquer the road. I listened to an interview with Bart Yasso yesterday on one of my many running podcasts that I follow and he said that running has the potential to change your life, then went on to list all the ways in which running was the 'keystone habit' that helped radically improve every single aspect of his life. I know it.....relationships, thoughts, sanity, decisions, moods are all brightened once the running habit is adopted. I love the quote, 'I don't have to run, I GET to run'....what a blessed existence it is to be able to be independently mobile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment