Sunday, May 17, 2020

The Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K

          Sometimes you just need a huge goal to get you moving again.

            I had not been able to really see this about myself but I realize I had been bummed about my last race. Something about it did not sit well with me and so I stopped running. For months I walked and walked and refused to even attempt running. Then Coronavirus happens and all of the sudden this beyond-this-world challenge comes along and I join. I was already doing about an average of 5.4 miles a day when I signed up but the fact that I would HAVE to do that in order to make it by the 4 month deadline was a bit tough to swallow, yes, a bit intimidating. But here we are.... I feel I am doing well. I am running anywhere between 50% and 80% of my 4 milers in the day and walking 2 miles every night, with my dog.

             I have NEVER run consistently this many moles a week before....maybe for the last week of a marathon training maybe, but certainly not weekly, consistently, week after week. So let's see what happens... as far as my drive goes I know I am getting this medal... and a t-shirt, if I remember correctly.

            I have also joined a virtual group with people I know from work and from races and some who are family members of those people... as someone that has always been on this running journey alone, this is a nice bonus. We support each other daily through videos and messages. This solitary dwindling runner could not have imagined even 2.5 months back that I'd be this active and this involved in a running group. loving every minute of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment