I did not think I could do it, but I did! My feet were in extreme pain just two days before. Not to mention that I went to New Orleans with a young, single woman who LOVED NOLA and wanted to walk all over the night before the race....we must have walked at least 10 miles the day before.
Not only did I complete it, but I also beat my past three Marine Corps Marathon times! The weather was amazing! it was a warm 60 degrees, with a bit of a breeze. I ran in a tank top and carried 40% of my water. The support system was amazing. The volunteers were all so supportive and even for the last few runners there was plenty of water and even chocolate milk at the end.
If you are wondering whether to do this race, I say do it!! it's super flat, it's at a time of the year when it's not too hot yet and it's not too cold. There was a chance of rain and that would have been fine for me, I love running in the rain, as long as it's warm.
I have only done one other Rock and Roll race before, it was the DC Rock and Roll half years ago and I don't remember much of it. But this, The NOLA race, was a wonderful race. I was in coral #9 and it took about 7 minutes from the official start for me to cross the finish line.
No comments:
Post a Comment