Sunday, December 9, 2018

Three things that have helped me improve my fitness

These three things have been helping me tremendously in helping me get more fit....I had been running for 5 years and instead of getting faster I was getting slower, instead of losing weight I was getting bigger.... so here goes my tips for a more fit tomorrow: 

1. LOG what you eat...pay for the premium membership and log what you eat.... Vitagene (below) gave me my macro percentages and now I can make sure I stay within those recommendations. My recommended macros are 30 percent carbs, 40 percent fat and 30 percent protein and who'd have known that eating more fat would help me lose weight....6 lbs so far in over a week of logging. 

Image result for myfitnesspal.

2. Phil Maffetone's heart rate training has also been quite helpful....the whole idea of running slower to get faster... here is a link to Marathon Training Academy's podcast interview with Dr. Maffetone. it's a great video to get you introduced to his whole plan... also the website ---> https://philmaffetone.com is also very helpful. they have a 8-part questionnaire that then spits out these very helpful tips for a healthier lifestyle. 

Image result for phil maffetone

3. Last, but not last- getting my genetics testing through Vitagene has been the BEST gift to myself.... their recombinations are both research based and totally on target.... I feel like this is going to be great year for fitness and health. 

Image result for vitagene




No comments:

Post a Comment