Friday, March 23, 2018

Dream big.....

             While growing up, my mom use to say, "Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are." After my grandma's funeral and hearing other family members use similar stories to describe her influence in their lives, I realized that my mom must have gotten this wisdom from her mom. Nevertheless, I have always taken my mom's advice to heart and do much believe that your friends reflect back who you are. This past weekend I ran a 50 miler and the race was run simultaneously with other races, a 50K, 100K, 100 miler and a 10 miler. In finishing the 50, while it may be an enormous accomplishment in the outside world, in this tribe, the goal most people aim for is the 100. Not to say I am to proud of my accomplishment, I am very proud of finishing this race. Yet, now that I have been introduced to this new world I can see how the 100 is possible. Being around people who think a 100 miler as possible makes you think those very thoughts. So I do think that a 100 miler is in my future, maybe not next year, but most possibly the year after. Yet, first things first. I am planning n working on my wight and increasing my general flexibility before undertaking another enormous dream. In the meantime, I will continue to build my tribe with the very best people I can find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment