Monday, February 26, 2018

20 miler from 12am-5am, Oh, and on a work night

           I completed 20 miles before 5:30am today.... on a work night, no less. Yup, that is what you do if you are a full-time working mom and are attempting to train for a 50-miler, but don't want to miss out on time with kids and hubby on the weekend. I did rest a lot this weekend in anticipation of the little sleep I would get due to this long run, and it's Monday and I have slept a total of zero hours and I am so far feeling okay, thanks to coffee. I don't think I could do an 8 miler tonight, as originally planned, but I will certainly do an 8 tomorrow, maybe even tomorrow morning, to simulate running on "tired legs". I was proud to have very little chafing this time. I got waterproof KT tape, which costs a mint, and had my hubby help me tape up my back bra line, it was easy for him to find where to place the tape for only a week ago I go bad chafing there and it was just scabbing over. Next week, I will attempt a 30-miler and no mater how that goes I will walk away feeling prepared having run a respectable peak distance for my race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment