So fear, injury and complacency has basically kept me indoors in the gym for the past 6-8 months. So much so that I began to fear every aspect of running outdoors. Okay, maybe not fear, but certainly I dreaded every aspect of running outdoors. The "what ifs" got in my way and soon it became super easy just to watch movies on my iPad as I completes 5, 8, or even 15 miles.
But then, last week, I got this one stiff leg incident, a mix of pain, panic and fear on the treadmill, reminding me of the long and painful injury on that part of my leg and how I do not want to get injured now. I attribute the injury to running a very singular way that one treadmills do for you. When running outdoors it becomes easy to adjust one's gait, something next to impossible on a treadmill. The fear of not being able to run at all forced me outdoors. So, the night before I set up my clothes, charged my flashlight, and made the kids' lunches.

When running outdoors I wear reflective-wear, and carry a flashlight, mace, a water bottle with clear front pocket and handles and earphones.
But then, last week, I got this one stiff leg incident, a mix of pain, panic and fear on the treadmill, reminding me of the long and painful injury on that part of my leg and how I do not want to get injured now. I attribute the injury to running a very singular way that one treadmills do for you. When running outdoors it becomes easy to adjust one's gait, something next to impossible on a treadmill. The fear of not being able to run at all forced me outdoors. So, the night before I set up my clothes, charged my flashlight, and made the kids' lunches.

When running outdoors I wear reflective-wear, and carry a flashlight, mace, a water bottle with clear front pocket and handles and earphones.

Coffee!! I need to set my alarm enough time to drink coffee in peace and quiet in the mornings.

I forgot how much I love running in the mornings.....I am so hooked again.

Only saw one other runner the whole time. Some areas are clear like this, while some other areas have overgrown bushes which do make me take out my earphones and become super aware.

No comments:
Post a Comment