This was not a run I wanted to do. First, I had been skimping on my runs this week so I was already many miles short of the plan. Then, I had taken 2 Advils the night before to help me with this recurring foot pain that has yet to go away. I totally forgot that Advil keeps me awake, not only that, it makes my heart race. So I was awake from 11pm-4am watching Amazon Prime fall pilots, hating all of them. When I got up (from the couch that is, not from sleep) I started getting ready. I was out the door at 5:05am. It was a 2 hour run in the dark seeing as the sun did not rise until 7:07am and it was cloudy, which made the seem to sun seem to rise even later. I love early morning runs. The streets are all mine, the shadows dance as I shuffle by and I can let my mind wonder wherever it pleases. I have a really strong flashlight which helps to keep me feeling safe.
Once the sun did rise I got to Zion Drive and I really do not like these gently rolling hills. I tried my best to tackle each one without stopping.
Because I was running to my son's game 3 miles from my home I needed to use a trail to get there, and in order to cross a main road that does not have pedestrian access. It was an absolutely gorgeous run.
Again, I saw very few humans on any of these trails. A straggling human here and there, waving good morning and disappearing away behind me.
I crossed Braddock underneath and it was super muddy. I had to imagine I was walking on melted yummy chocolate to keep me from getting nervous as I walked over the entire length. Reminded my of the North Endurance Challenge or a trail race in which you have to stop and figure out a way to get around this natural obstacle, be it a muddy patch or a stream.
It was lightly misting when I ended....at my son's baseball game. I went to the ports-potty there, changed my bra and top and sat and watched 4.5 hours of baseball. Best day ever. I JUST noticed this now, but I also took a picture of my mini knife that I hang on my hydration pack.
I have decided that I need to find out the official names for these plants/flowers. They add so much to the scenery of the trail run. As much as I HATE the gravel on my trail runs, I very much like the required special attention necessary to get through a trail, that is nonexistent on pavement.









No comments:
Post a Comment