Sunday, September 11, 2016

Week nine done!!


             Week nine is done!!! yes! I am finally showered and sitting in my comfy bed typing and the run is completed. I feel quite amazing thank you very much. I did not meet my time goal unfortunately, but I will chuck that up to 82% humidity at 5am. The minute I stepped out of my air-conditioned home the air felt heavy and I was sweating profusely for the entire run.


 


            Before every long run I always take a good look at my bare feet and jokingly ask them if they're ready. Getting up this morning was tough but from experience I know that if I wake for any reason at 4am and my alarm is set for 4:15, I am not going back to bed, so I got up and my feet got the question. "Nope, I am not ready", they answered me. 


I have this obsession with C9 undies from Target. They now made a much better version and I got two sets of three. They MUST say Seamless performance...you will not regret! They feel amazing!!



         I let go of my time goal from the very get go. I had a time goal last week and that was fine, but with the humidity I was not about to risk getting burned out too soon. I felt so happy being back on my dark streets with my trusty super-powerful flashlight in one hand and my pepper spray in the other. The minute the sun came up I put both away and enjoyed having nothing in my hands. The humidity level lowered around 7am to 46% and every once in a while there was a gust of wind. 





            No matter how slow I run, I love feeling my legs moving beneath me. 

               The image below was taken at mile 5. Just feeling so blessed the whole run. The lowered humidity helped me feel better and run faster. I listened to two shows on Marathon Training Academy podcast and the miles went by pretty fast. I normally don't put on music until the 2nd half of the run. 



Good-bye shadow from street lights, hello sun shadows. 

Mile 8....



My camera refused to focus on this huge spider and web that stood out on my run....I love spiders. 

And finally, the sun comes out in full dramatic fashion. I need to paint this...


Mile 11....finally on the trails. I was further slowed down by the pebbles that cover half the lake trails. The paved parts were heavenly but on pebbles my ankles were screaming. 









              These signs (below) were posted everywhere around Lake Accotink...once again, society is supposed to just blindly trust weapon holders. The "what ifs" are endless, but we are supposed to just believe that all hunters know what they're doing without a shadow of a doubt. Made me sad for I just witnessed a beautiful deer with her fawns a few days ago in this same park....will they be the innocent victims of some overzealous bow and arrow hunter?  Sorry, I just don't get it, never will.  
















This image below is what I shared on my Instagram account. 


I got to my son's double header game at 9:37am....went into the ports-potty there and changed my bra and top and sat for 5 hours watching his games. The day was absolutely perfect!! Any day that ends with baseball is a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment