who would have known an injury would bring about so many new adventures. For the past week and a half I have been going to the gym and doing cardio and some weights. What I most love about going is how little I have to mentally struggle to make it out the door. Secondly, I love seeing the same people there day after day. Today, a guy I've seen doing weights for over a week now finally managed to look up and say good morning. Tomorrow is the first day I have to pay to be a member and I cannot wait to take advantage of all the perks this set of recreation centers have to offer. My hubby too has been taking advantage and going in the afternoons after I get home. What I most look forward to is being able to do some swim workouts, but right now, seeing as I am just taking lessons to get better, that will have to wait.
The way I see this working is for me to continue to build by aerobic capacity by working out at 138 BPM or less. This week I will do my best to bring up my workouts to at least 40-45 minutes. Once I get that in gear I can begin to plan for my fall races. In addition, I will need to dial in my eating. I am reading (listening) to this book, Primal Endurance right now and once I am done with that I suspect I will have plenty of new food ideas to implement. But until then I am having a blast working out most mornings before work.
No comments:
Post a Comment