Have you ever tried to change someone because there was just something about them that you could not live with? I have? Want to know what happened? Long-story-short, I failed miserably. Not just once, but thousands, over thousands of times. I do not in any way regret these early attempts at hopeless causes. On the contrary, futile attempts at changing what cannot be changed is a great lesson for people like me (many years back) who still hold a smidgen of hope that maybe, just maybe coercion, force and manipulation can bring about lasting personal transformation in another. After having failed miserably so many times you come to know, in your blood, that no one ever genuinely changes the fundamentals of who they are unless it's self-driven. The 'seed of change', if you may, must come from within the person for the change to be genuine.
This is where inspiration comes in. Anytime I have ever taken on a cause or made any decision to change my life has been through the inspiration gained from someone I admire. I visualize myself as a melange of hundreds of people whom I have met and have moved me. I am not referring to celebrities or famous people at all, just regular people I have been lucky to meet on my journey but whom have gifted me some of their qualities by simply being in presence. On the flip side, I've also learned that only in becoming a person worthy of my own admiration do I begin to influence others to seek their higher selves too. In sharing my running adventures on this blog I mostly aim to unveil how easy and incrementally manageable it is to reach your furthest and most demanding goals, that dreams do come true. Seeing others become inspired through my journey has been amazing. To know you helped another find all the same treasures you've been uncovering is a huge extra bonus to this whole adventure.
So you want to change huh? look around you? find people you admire fully or even partly....and let their presence fill you. Allow yourself to be moved by others and seek the company of people who challenge you to become more, bigger, better. Emotionally, if not physically, detach from people who repel you or have nothing to add to your life but drama, pain and fear. Having trouble finding anyone inspiring? Just become, act, dress like that person you think you want to be and before you know it inspiring people will be in your space.

No comments:
Post a Comment