Saturday, June 7, 2014

North Face Endurance Marathon - 06/07/14



                  Went to The North Face Store in Tysons Corner to pick up my bib. I looked at the directory and guess where The North Face Store was listed.....? Under T for THE North Face.....how stupid....



Getting ready the night before. Earphones, sunscreen, vaseline, 14 GU's, 7 S-caps, visor, bug spray, Road-ID, chafing stick, smart wool socks (got free as part of race packet), hydration pack, bib, safety pins, TP in a baggie, advil, $, water, wallet, car keys, credit card, address to place to park for race....





 I am off!!


Wore my 50K t-shirt for good luck. 





The day is absolutely beautiful!! 


Shuttle to race from parking lot was a school bus....the shuttle back to our cars after the race was so STINKY, even with the windows open. 





Got there an hour early so got a chance to look at the water for some time. 

What a beautiful day to go for a LOOONG run!!



Muddy crossings....love them....I call them feet spas...I LOVE mud...but better yet, I love stream crossings....only way to get through them is getting in...


Running through mud here!!! 




View of the course.....How can one not want to trail run. I did not need my music at all....it was the PERFECT running weather...



Got my medal!!! ran the whole way, the whole time (except steep hills and when I needed to use the potty once)....But I felt so strong the whole way and my feet and legs behaved....no complaints...



Met Dean Karnazes!!!
SCREAM!!!!




Okay, I feel like a total groupy now!! Karnazes' book, Ultramarathon Man was the first book about running I read and he makes running seem so easy, accessible....such a super humble man.


The medal looks nice....I wish they had the milage on the medal itself, but I see how economically this makes more sense. I need to get myself a medal rack now.....


My shirt....okay, I think they were not that creative with the logo, but I am wearing this all day Sunday....and no, my chest is not really that big.....:(, just the angle of the picture...


I need to give my sneakers a bath today. We had 2 stream crossings that were about knee deep and dozens of muddy passes. I am so doing this again next year!!









 Having a blast....!! I am also so happy with my time....I ran an average 4 minutes a mile faster than my 50K....!! Feeling strong and loving it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment