Thursday, November 14, 2013

2 whole days left until my FIRST marathon!!

                       This is finally becoming a reality!!...At this time in 3 days time I will most likely be a marathoner! I don't think I am nervous about the run itself but I am very, very anxious about how I am going to be getting there. Seeing as it's in a city I have never been in during the day, I am nervous about the logistics of how I will actually get to the event.  Once I get there, I think I will be much more relaxed and I will know exactly what to do running-wise, hydration-wise, calorie-wise. Mostly, I can't wait for it all to begin. I love the race expos, I love the pre-race jitters, I love people-watching while running, I love the feeling of the 'shared struggle' we all experience on race day; very few experiences match being in a race. Aside from finishing, my other goals are to have fun, to dress successfully for the weather and to prevent bonking at all costs. Will post pics from the expo....




No comments:

Post a Comment